Dr. phil. habil. Claudio Fantinuoli
Innovator, Researcher and Founder in Speech Technologies
My areas of work are computer-assisted human interpreting and real-time machine interpreting, which essentially means that I study and design NLP/AI systems to augment human interpreters and translate speech automatically, with the human user at the center. Personally, I'm passionate about the intersection of mind, brain (including computational) and language.
I studied conference interpreting and I hold a PhD in Applied Linguistics and an Habilitation in Interpreting Studies. I have taught at the University of Innsbruck, at the Postgraduate Center of the University of Vienna and at the Karlshochschule International University. My career in NLP/AI started at Eurac Research. Today I'm a lecturer and researcher at the University of Mainz, an innovator for KUDO Inc. and a consultant for international institutions such as the European Parliament. I'm also the founder of InterpretBank, a CAI tool for professional interpreters.
Where I am talking next
- 27 October 2023 Keynote Speaker Bridging Language Barriers: How AI redefines Multilingual Communication, 2023 Taiwan T&I Symposium
- 30 June 2023 Keynote Speaker The Rise of AI: Reimagining Research Frontiers in Translation and Interpreting Studies, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- 22 June 2023 Invited Speaker Title TBC, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- 05 June 2023 Invited Speaker The Interpreting Profession in the Age of AI: Navigating the Tension Between Augmentation and Automation, European Parliament
- 21 Apr 2023 Invited Speaker Machine Interpreting: principles, challenges, and future directions, Kent University, US
- See past invitations here